Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] rpc library; Portmapper program list stored in the

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 20:10:26 +0100

On 2010-05-04 12:14:00 -0600, David Fifield wrote:
The caching patch looks fine and you can commit it, but I don't see the
reason to add dependencies on rpcinfo. This will have no effect when
rpcinfo isn't run. Since it's a cache, it seems whoever gets the
information first should cache it, whether it's an rpc or an nfs script.

I simply wanted to use a logical order and to print the rpcinfo results
before others nfs-* results.

Yes, but the downside is that it reduces parallelism--every rpcinfo
script will have to start and finish before any nfs scripts can begin.
I agree, and since the result will be the same I'll remove them, thx.

David Fifield