Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Coherence of Version Detection

From: Michael Pattrick <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 16:41:49 -0400

A quick grep of the SVN blame reveals that 'webserver' is only used
twice, both committed in r2751(19/07/2005) and all IIS signatures
since then have used 'httpd'. Further inspection reveals that some of
the httpd signatures are almost identical to the webserver ones. All
signatures should be changed to httpd.

-M