Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: inputfile, script arguments and smb authentication

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:00:49 -0500

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:03:47 +0800 Andrew Smith
<eurodrew555 () yahoo com au> wrote:
I have taken a quick look within smb.lua and it appears the
authentication fallback of smbuser/guest/NULL is hardcoded - does
anyone know if it's possible to force a NULL session without
attempting the guest login? Just trying to look at ways to try to
discover host info without setting of the host IDS. I would also
prefer not to modify any of the scripts unless it can be pushed into
the next nmap release.

There's no way to do it currently. I originally made 'guest' a special option that was off by default, but eventually
decided that there was no reason anybody would want to *not* use guest -- you finally gave me a reason.

I've attached a patch that adds an argument called 'smbnoguest'. Add --script-args=smbnoguest=1 to your scan and you
should be good to go.

Let me know if it works -- if it does, I'll commit it to the main svn.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org