Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: An idea for the Google Summer of Code...

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:00:55 -0500

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:02:28 -0600 David Fifield
<david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
I would also like to see some data that shows how often different
types of encrypted files are found. A program that, say, decrypts a
file with AES in ECB mode won't be useful if typical programs don't
produce that sort of file. I would want to see some indication that
you know which formats would be most valuable to target.
Agreed.

Beyond that, it'd be useful to have a general tool that can crack encrypted zip, encrypted Office, and other standard
encrypted formats. That'd be really awesome! I've had trouble in the past finding a good free tool to crack .zips.

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org