Nmap Development mailing list archives

GSOC: NMAP Hosted Scanner Mock up

From: Mustafa CANTÜRK <zifiribir () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 03:40:16 +0300

Hello everyone,

Sorry for being late.

I just created a mockup page for NMAP hosted scanner. Here is the link:

http://fethilale.com/nmapcloud/mockup.html

Also I'm thinking about NmapFE style job sender. Console (please click the
console icon at top-right of the page) and NmapFE style will generate the
same type request. Also if operation is unsupported, console will output
that it is unsupported.

Security Issues:
- web deamon will be unprivileged and will write the incoming requests to
database, and then will signal the privileged deamon via network.
- the privileged deamon will list a specific port and accept the requests
from specific IP address(es) (in our scenario, only localhost will be
accepted)
- the privileged deamon will read the new requests from database, process
them and write results to database back.

License Issues:
- I used icons from:
 http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

Icons has CC Attribution License. In about page, we have to attribute to
famfamfam.com or have to change icons.

Cheers!
Mustafa CANTÜRK