Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] script idea: identify ports behind a NAT

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:31:38 -0500

I just had an idea for a useful script that I don't really have time to write. Maybe somebody else does?

Basically, identify and group which ports on a NAT point at the same computer. So, if I have port 22, 80, and 443
forwarded to computer A, and 21, 445 forwarded to computer B, I'd like to be able to tell that.

There are probably a few different ways, and it really comes down to the same techniques used for OS fingerprinting
(and some limited intelligence), but I think the easiest way initially would be to look at the IPIDs, especially for
incremental systems.

Any other ideas?

--
Ron Bowes