Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] RPC library new version and scripts

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:12:55 +0100

Hi all,

I just wrapped up the last few changes to the RPC library, which now looks very different than the last version.
The library should now support communication with the mount and nfs programs using versions 1 through 3.
Given the new OO-design I've tried to explain how to use the library (ie. what classes do). This documentation
can be found at the top of rpc.lua. I've also tried to document as much of the known limitations as possible along
with some explanations and sample code.

I've renamed the scripts according to David's suggestion and added two more:
- rpcinfo2.nse - produces the same output as rpcinfo.nse but using the rpc library instead
- nfs-acls.nse - extract the owner, group and directory (acl) mode, like this:

PORT    STATE SERVICE REASON
111/tcp open  rpcbind syn-ack
| nfs-acls:
|   /home/patrik/tmp
|     uid: 1000; gid: 1000; mode: drwsr-Sr-x (6745)
|   /home/patrik
|     uid: 1000; gid: 1000; mode: drwxr-xr-x (755)
|   /tmp
|_    uid: 0; gid: 0; mode: drwxrwxrwx (1777)

As shown by the above output, the scripts are now using port rules instead of host rules. I don't know if this was a
good change or not.
Even though it makes the scripts simpler, the output will appear as if it was retrieved over port 111 (rpc), which it
isn't.

I'm attaching the scripts and library:

//Patrik

--