Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: AFP probe

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:02:50 -0700

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 10:51:02AM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
Hi,

The SSLSessionReq probe fails to detect AFP on my Linux boxes (Netatalk) and on Snow Leopard.
I'm submitting a patch containing new probe and match lines that detect AFP on these systems.

The SSLSessionReq works for me on Show Leopard:

548/tcp open  afp     syn-ack Apple AFP (name: mac-mini; protocol 3.3; Mac OS X 10.6; Mac mini)

I don't have a problem with adding the probe if it detects more servers.
Can you send the full service fingerprint? I want to make the match
conform more closely to the style of the other AFP matches if possible.

David Fifield