Nmap Development mailing list archives

Reporting a Windows N-Map "Crash"

From: "Scott Oviatt" <scott () iscak com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:38:37 -0900

Hello;

I see that there's a newer version of Nmap so I will install that and
try it again, but in case you can use this crash info, here it is:

I am running NMpap/Zenmap 5.20 on Windows 2003 SMB SP2. I was performing
a slow comprehensive scan on a remote network that I manage.

I got this pop-up:

Application popup: nmap.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown
software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location
0x785931cf.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

This is the pertinent info (I think) from the Nmap Output Tab of Zenmap
5.20

NSE: Script Scanning completed.

Nmap scan report for DELETED DOMAIN info

Assertion failed: row < numRows, file ..\NmapOutputTable.cc, line 153

way.

Host is up (0.090s latency).

rDNS record for 69.178.3.242: 242-3-178-69.static.gci.net

Not shown: 998 open|filtered ports, 996 filtered ports