Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-dev Digest, Vol 59, Issue 54

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:26:38 -0700

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 01:57:01PM +0530, kirubakaran S wrote:
Hi,
   I am completely new to nmap. can any one guide me
where to start so that i can start contributing to nmap.
I have already sent mail but there were no replies yet !!

Take a look at some previous answers to this kind of question:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q3/977

NSE is under lots of development and we're looking for new script
writers. Read the documentation at

http://nmap.org/book/nse.html

and see if you can write a useful new script.

Another way you can help is simply by testing a new feature or script
when it is posted to the list. All you have to do is download it, try
it, and post the output that you see.

David Fifield