Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap payloader

From: jrf <jay.fink () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:12:14 -0500

All,

Mostly to David but might as well drag anyone else in who wants to
take a look. Attached is after much guidance from David where I am at
with moving payloads out to a file. I have run into a problem and
after 2 hours of wheel spinning figured I should call in for
reinforcements.

What the attached does is loads up payloads, it does not yet account
for multiple ports or (if we desire) a different source port other
than the default.

The problem appears to be that the last payload in the file ends up in
every array. I have no idea why. There is a print statement right
before each payload is added and a function that prints the whole map.
If you run this you should see all of the data on its way in then when
it prints the actual map, it does have each proto/dport pair but the
payload is the same.

I also noted the Amanda payload port is messed up - but I haven't
gotten that far yet.

Thanks ahead of time,