Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Request for Assistance: making Nmap a Wikipedia Featured Article

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:11:04 -0800

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:07:55PM -0800, Fyodor wrote:

Anyone up for this?  People often tell me they would like to assist
the Nmap project, but they aren't programmers.  Well, here is your
chance!

Also, if anyone has more suggestions/ideas on this topic, send them in
to nmap-dev!

Anyone?

By the way, just let me know if you want to use some content from the
book (images, text) on the page.  Wikipedia is (properly) very strict
about copyright documentation, but I'm happy to grant portions under
the Wikipedia terms, where desired.

I think WP has a system where you can request a page review to
identify the weaknesses which would prevent it from being classified
as a "good article" or "featured article".

Cheers,
Fyodor