Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: UDP payload for DHCP

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:05:02 -0700

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 08:26:53AM -0600, Ron wrote:
So it turns out that my home router doesn't respond with a NAK. Looks
like it's back to the drawing board.

Our only option may be requesting an ip address for 1 second. It
changes the state a bit, but I'm not sure we have any other way.

Okay. I'd rather not request an address if that's possible. What about a
DCHPINFORM for the scanner's current address? Dynamic payloads are not
supported in the current payload architecture, but it's something we
have in mind with Jay Fink's work on a payload data file.

David Fifield