Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] SSLv3/TLSv1 cipher and compression algorithm enumeration script

From: Rob Nicholls <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:25:51 +0000

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:12:59 -0600, Mak Kolybabi <mak () kolybabi com> wrote:
Attached is a script that I have written to enumerate all of the ciphers
and
compression algorithms available on an SSLv3/TLSv1.0/TLSv1.1/TLSv1.2
server.

It looks excellent, thanks. There are a number of tools that aim to do the
same thing, but few of them do it as well as this (some don't test
anonymous ciphers, some crash on Vista upwards, some list ciphers in an
unordered list, some don't test later versions of TLS). Even if it doesn't
end up in Nmap - although I'm sure it will - I'll certainly be using it!

It might make more sense to name the script something like ssl-ciphers or
ssl-cipher-enum though, as it checks more than just SSLv3.

Cheers,

Rob