Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LDAP scripts

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:26:00 -0700

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 07:08:23PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but ldap-brute isn't working
for me. The default password for OpenLDAP is "secret", which isn't in
passwords.lst. But even if I add it in, the script tries all the
username/password combinations and doesn't produce any output.

One other thing about ldap-brute. Does this actually work?

    -- handle special case where we want to guess the username as password
    if password == "%username%" then
            password = username
    end

I don't see where the "%username%" value can come from.

David Fifield