Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Development of NMAP

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 04:23:22 -0500

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Karol Pysniak
<karol.pyniak09 () imperial ac uk> wrote:
Hi,
I have a few ideas about developing NMAP as my contribution to Google
Summer of Code. Can I post them here?

I am a computing student. I can program in Java/C++/C/Haskell/Assembler
(IA-32).

Some of my ideas involve, for example, adding 'learning' options to NMAP
(I'm especially interested in developing AI in NMAP).

Thanks for your interest!

You may want to look at NSE [1] to see what you may want to do there.
(I'm not suggesting you exclude looking at other areas of Nmap :). Lua
(the language NSE uses) is fairly well known for work in AI.

I'm sure others will be along with good suggestions so stick around!

[1] http://nmap.org/book/nse.html

--
- Patrick Donnelly