Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] More library global problems

From: Martin Holst Swende <martin () swende se>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 08:21:14 +0100

Patrick Donnelly wrote:
So we have some more global access problems (See [1] for history):

batrick@batbytes:~/old-nmap$ nse_check_globals

[...snip...]
Checking nselib/url.lua for bad global accesses

I fixed most of these in r16700-16703. I don't know how to fix this one:

Checking nselib/mongodb.lua for bad global accesses
        Found indexed global,'_dict_to_bson', at line number 79.

That is not a global access problem, it is a null-reference in disguise
:) . I changed the name of that method to toBson. Will submit a patch
for that once I have made some better testcases that catch it and
ensures it works, for now though it is not a problem, since that is a
bson-encoder which is only called when creating queries - which are not
dynamic - and they are obviously not using that kind of recursive
queries which would trigger the error.

Thanks for the testing!
/Martin