Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: DAAP script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:24:11 -0700

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:20:22PM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
I have created a DAAP script called daap-get-library. It attempts to
enumerate the library name, artists, albums and songs from a DAAP
server. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Apples iTunes post 7.0 due
to DAAP authentication [1], but I've successfully tested it against
the Firefly Media Server.

I'm not able to test this but I like the idea. As with your mysql
scripts, you should use shortport.port_or_service in the portrule.

How big can the output of the script be? If someone has 10,000 songs in
their library, does it try to get all of them?

What documentation did you consult in writing the script? Your comments
are good but it would be good to know more about the magic identifiers
like miid and musr.

David Fifield