Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: possible ncat handle leak

From: Jon Greaves <jon_greaves () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:13:36 +0000

Hi David

I might be misunderstanding your explanation but using Process Explorer if I connect to gmail imap service and then
issue a ? LOGOUT the imap session quits the sporned ncat process exits but the controlling ncat instance still shows a
thread open but Non-existant.

A bit more digging and I think it is actual a handle to the cmd.exe that gets run presumably by windows to execute the
additional ncat process.

Thread showing in parent ncat process while still connected to remote gmail server
cmd.exe(3164): 1516

Thread showing in parent ncat process once gmail connection is cleanly logged out.
<Non-existent Process>(3164): 1516

Apologies if I'm getting my thread and handles mixed up

JonnyG