Nmap Development mailing list archives

An idea for the Google Summer of Code...

From: Ivan Vasilov <vasilov.ivan () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:19:34 +0300

Hello to all,
I'm interested in submitting my own idea for the Summer of Code contest so I
would be really grateful if I can get some feedback from all of
you,guys.Thanks.
My idea is to create a command-line application for cracking crypted text
through brute-force (ncrypt?). Basically,the application will try to find
out the key which was used for encrypting the message.It will have support
for multi-core and multi-processor systems.The different methods of
decrypting (AES,DES...) will be implemented through plugins.
I'm apologizing for spamming the dev list,and thanks again.