Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: updated smtp-commands nse script

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:24:53 -0500

This was just a quick fix to make it work at all.

I will look at those other scripts and try to rework this one altogether.

-Jason

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Duarte Silva <> wrote:
Hi Jason,

I have a suggestion to make, where the script performs

socket = comm.tryssl(host, port, "HELO example.org\r\n", opt)

Change it to EHLO instead of HELO and remove the following lines that
send and verify the HELO command because they are redundant. Take a
look at smtp-open-relay or smtp-enum-users to have a better idea on
how to perform the initial *handshake* of SMTP.

Regards,
Duarte

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM, DePriest, Jason R.