Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Request for comments: smb-psexec.nse

From: Kristof Boeynaems <kristof.boeynaems () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 16:07:25 +0100

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Ron <ron () skullsecurity net> wrote:
I wish I could give you good news, but Windows XP's been my bane. It
*should* work, and there's no reason it shouldn't. The error that it's
returning is undefined, and it's being returned in a weird place.

I've tried following both winexec and metasploit's psexec module, and
neither works.

You mean that you can't get winexe to work on an XP machine either? In
my tests, winexe works perfectly well on the Windows XP SP3 host I
tried.

The only thing to watch out for, are the target requirements, as
explained at http://eol.ovh.org/winexe/. Most importantly, that
"simple sharing" is turned off.

Thanks,

Kristof