Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 2 Projects for Google's Summer Of Code 2010

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:42:37 -0600

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:02:08AM +0530, Abhishek [ABK] Kumar wrote:
sorry I got confused... thought any security related work is considered
under Own Creative Section :(

You're right, they are, but I'm just giving my impression that the two
projects you sent aren't big enough or related enough to Nmap to last
for a whole summer. it's just my opinion, and you're still welcome to
submit a proposal to have it looked at more closely.

Yes these days I'm kin'of working more with HTTP, though I'm interested in
entire Network Security and Security related development. Regarding that NSE
Script, do you have anything in mind that you would love to have in Nmap,
otherwise I'll look for something.

We're looking at extending NSE's scripts with some of the abilities of
tools like http://w3af.sourceforge.net/. You can look around at other
web frameworks and suggest things that you think would fit well with
NSE. At this point we're looking for new and creative ideas from
students.

David Fifield