Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: libpcap & libpcre minimum requirements?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:27:53 -0600

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:50:12AM +0100, Fredrik Pettai wrote:
I'm wondering about the minimum requirements for nmap-5.21 regarding
libpcap & libpcre?
The included versions seems to be libpcap 1.0.0 and libpcre 7.6, but are
those really required or just recommended?

They are probably not required. Those are what they get tested daily
against, so I don't know what the minimum supported versions are. You
can build against system-installed copies of the libraries using the
--with-libpcap and --with-libpcre options to configure.

David Fifield