Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nping build breakage on opensolaris

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:08:17 +0100

On 03/24/2010 07:44 AM, Fyodor wrote:

For what it is worth, I get the same errors on my Solaris 9 SPARC box:

SunOS hostname 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

As David noted, Nmap's tcpip.h has similar code without this issue.  I
think Nping really needs to share code better with Nmap rather than
cutting and pasting so much.  In many cases, I think the code needs to
be taken out of Nmap and Nping then placed in Nbase (or perhaps other
places) so it can be shared.

I fixed a bunch of Nmap Solaris issues tonight, and this is the last
issue preventing "./configure;make" from working.  But I don't have
any more time tonight, so I had to ./configure --without-nping for
now.  Anyone else who wants to give it a shot is welcome to.

Cheers,
-F

I'd be glad to fix the problem but I don't have access to any Solaris
box, sorry. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.