Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [SCRIPT] IBM DB2 Server Profile export + Version detection

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:49:20 -0700

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 07:41:26AM -0600, Tom Sellers wrote:
I have finally (only a month late) finished the script to query the
IBM DB2 Administration Server (DAS) service.  The script connects to
the DB2 DAS service on either TCP or UDP port 523.  No authentication
is required for the connection.

Thanks Tom. This looks good. You certainly do get a lot of information
out of the service. I can see Patrik Karlsson's point that the read loop
might not get all the information it needs. Have you tried his
suggestion to fix it?

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q4/673

The main thing I want you to add to the script is documentation on the
probe contents, like you put in db2-info. I want someone to quickly be
able to figure out what they mean if they need changes in the future.
Likewise, the ordered sending of five packets is somewhat mysterious. It
would be helpful to have a block comment explain what's going on
overall. Why is the sending of transaction block 3 commented out?

David Fifield