Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap topology

From: "Blader, Robert G CIV NSWCDD, W51" <robert.blader () navy mil>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:03:49 -0600

 I'm not sure if this is a bug or just me not making sense of Zenmap's topology feature, but I need some help
understanding what I'm seeing.

 I ran a traceroute scan on 2 subnets using version 5 Nmap/Zenmap.  The topology tab shows a node whose IP is 0.0.0.0
(separate from local host) and shows connections to other hosts (other than the 2 networks I listed in the "targets"
field).  The DNS lookups of these IP's point all other place - literally.  They are depicted by "intermediate nodes"
(white circles) and are connected by dotted blue lines.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Blader