Nmap Development mailing list archives

zenmap: problems with CLI options and GUI language

From: Robert Premuž <rpr.nospam () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:46:35 +0100

Hi!

I use zenmap 5.0 on MS Windows XP Pro. SP3.

http://nmap.org/book/zenmap-command-line.html says that zenmap has
some command line options but "zenmap -h" gives no output. The process
zenmap.exe starts but then immediately dies.

As I use Croatian regional settings in Windows, the zenmap GUI is in
Croatian. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to change that by
following the procedures on http://nmap.org/book/zenmap-lang.html

I tried to run the following commands in the Windows command shell
(cmd.exe):

set LANG=en_US
zenmap

but zenmap started with GUI in Croatian language.
Just in case I tried to set LANG using the Control Panel but the
effect was the same.

As a last resort I renamed
"C:\Program Files\Nmap\share\zenmap\locale\hr" so that zenmap couldn't
find the Croatian language file and this way I got GUI in English.

So, is there something broken in zenmap for Windows regarding these
issues? Am I doing something the wrong way?

-- rpr.