Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: port order in 5.00-2

From: bensonk () acm wwu edu
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:59:37 -0800

You can also use netcat (not ncat, sadly) with the -z flag, which says
"do no IO, just connect".  This might do what you want in a pretty small
package.

This raises the question -- why doesn't ncat support netcat's -z?  Was
it decided that this sort of action should be taken by nmap or nping?

Benson