Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap 4.76.0.0 feature enhancement request (data file directory)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:16:22 -0600

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:47:27PM -0700, Jesse McCoppin wrote:
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 03:59:20PM -0700, Jesse McCoppin wrote:
Hello, I just tried Zenmap, and am unable to use it at this time.
The reason I cannot use it by default is my login script at work sets
my Home directory to a network H: drive.  Inside the H: drive I have a
Public and a Private folder which I have full control over, but I do
not have Modify permissions to the H:\ volume itself, and that is
where Zenmap tries to create the ".ZENMAP" folder

Would it be possible for a future version to allow end-user
configuration of their configuration directory?

What would work for you? Perhaps a command line option to set the
directory? Like "zenmap.exe --conf C:\Private\.zenmap".

That would work just fine!  Thanks for listening, and good work on Zenmap!

Hi Jesse, please pardon the extremely late response. I added a --confdir
option today so it will be in the next release.

David Fifield