Nmap Development mailing list archives

David/stacktrace errors

From: mike <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:19:54 +0000

David:

i am posting the other scripts that have the same error/warning we talked about before (the stacktrace for function
try() and the tail call?) you were thinking these should be cleaned up to simply give the user a "timeout" mesage,
which is my thinking also:

pptp-version

telnet-brute

auth-owners

smtp-commands

rpcinfo

i was also wanting to know, with reguards to doing an -sV scan. i notice this always launches the default scripts for
version testing as well. is there a way to actually "turn off" script scanning while doing just an -sV probe test? i
guess my thinking is they should sort of be seperate entities. thoughts?

m|ke