Nmap Development mailing list archives

script scanning question

From: mike <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:57:28 +0000

all:

i want to make sure i have this right before i delve into this question. when you run a script or a set of them, they
are only called by the portrules they have for reference, correct? meaning when i complete a scan with "445" open, the
scripts for "discovery" or the defaults would be calling those that handle SMB enumeration, right? well, as we know, a
person can place a server on any port. is there a way to force our scripts to act on ANY port we specify? like if i had
that port 445 discovered but wanted to throw something OTHER than SMB data at it, i cannot do that at this present
time, right? i brought this up when i realized that when you call a -sV version scan, those probes (aabout 20 of them)
will try and run on ANY port, not just a defined one. so is any of this possible to change in the future?

once again, thank you!

m|ke