Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Web-Based GUI

From: "Luis A. Bastiao Silva" <luis.kop () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:26:50 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Rob Youles <rob.youles () googlemail com>wrote:

Verde Denim wrote:

Rob
look at zenmap before you launch... it's a gui for nmap...

Regards

Jack

I have used Zenmap, but I thought it would be nice and useful to have all
of Nmaps options laid out to help Nmap beginner or users who don't use it
often enough to remember what all the options are or how to use them
properly.

Luis A. Bastiao Silva wrote:

Hi Rob,
Yeap. There is already a web interface to Nmap made and mantained by Umit
Project. If you're interested you can check it in trac page of UmitWeb [1].
You can download the last release as well. Just check out sourceforge [2].
[1] - http://trac.umitproject.org/wiki/UmitWeb
[2] - http://sourceforge.net/projects/umit/files/umitweb/0.1rc1
Luís A. Bastião Silva

Damn, that's disappointing though I suppose not unexpected.

So I suppose I have a few questions before I can continue:
- Is UmitWeb an active project? It looks as though it hasn't been updated
since Feb '09.

Oh. It's active project. Actually the main author are changing template
structure. New release of Umit Web will be released soon.

- Assuming UmitWeb is fit for purpose (I haven't tried it) is there a
different angle I could take for an Nmap frontend?

UmitWeb can be used for sure. And it is in active developing. Regarding the
second question I don't know. There're some people working in GUI frontends
(desktop ones) and there is also frontend webs.

- I would prefer it if I could avoid having to think of something else for
my dissertation, but will it be worth my while pursuing this? (I would like
to)

Regards,

Rob

Best Regards,