Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Windows self installer issue

From: Rob Nicholls <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:25:08 +0100

Hi Nate,

If you've been trying to install Nmap 5.00, there's a known bug in the
installer that incorrectly states that vcredist_x86.exe (the Visual C++
2008 SP1 version) failed to install when - in most cases - it has installed
correctly. If you can run nmap.exe and everything looks okay then I
wouldn't worry about the installer's error message. This has been corrected
in the SVN version of Nmap, but a new stable release hasn't been created
since then.

If you didn't get any errors from Microsoft's installer (which should be
the same installer that we use, except we run it silently) then Nmap should
work correctly. If it doesn't work, which missing DLLs do you get errors
about? Which version of Windows are you using?

Rob

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:31:42 -0700, "Eckstine, Nate"