Nmap Development mailing list archives

Request for comments: smb-psexec.nse

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:25:19 -0500

Hi all,

I'm happy to say, I consider the current version of smb-psexec.nse in my
branch to be basically finished (for some definition of the word -- I'm
sure I'll continue adding to it as we go on). You can find it in:
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/ron/nmap-smb

I'd like to move everything in that branch into the trunk sometime in
the near future. I'm pretty comfortable with the new versions of the
libraries, and with smb-psexec.nse itself, but this is the opportunity
to give it a test if you aren't sure.

It'll run against Windows 2000 and Windows 2003. I haven't tested
against XP lately, but as of last time I tried it failed. I haven't
spent the time to track down that bug yet.

If you want to know how the service works, I basically wrote a book at
the top of smb-psexec.nse, including examples and everything. Way more
than I could write here!

A bigger question I have, and was hoping somebody could comment on
(Fyodor or David?) is the file structure.. this is what I did:
nmap/scripts/smb-psexec.nse: script is where it belongs
nmap/nselib/data/psexec/nmap_service.c (and .vcproj): Windows sourcecode
for the remote service
nmap/nselib/data/psexec/nmap_service.exe: Compiled remote service (I
compiled it on Visual Studio 2005)
nmap/nselib/data/psexec/*.lua: configuration files for various modules
nmap/nselib/data/psexec/*.exe: uploadable executables (I don't include
any, but that's where people will be putting them)

Is there any issues with how that's laid out? And is distributing the
compiled .exe like that ok?

Thanks!

--
Ron Bowes