Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE: Need advice on pulling SSL cert used for TLS connection over SMTP port 25

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 08:58:47 -0500

Patrick Donnelly wrote:

Your patch was nearly correct. The problem was that the connected
socket id (udata->nsiod) was replaced by a new one (because the
general case is we are making a brand new connection).
nsock_reconnect_ssl requires a socket already open. I have added a new
socket method, reconnect_ssl, that will allow you to remake the socket
with ssl. The patch and a test script are attached. If no one has any
complaints I'll apply this patch sometime in the next couple days.

Patrick,

        Thanks very much for looking at and working on this.  The code
you wrote works great!  I will complete my modifications to the ssl-cert.nse
script and submit it for review.

Thanks again!

Tom