Nmap Development mailing list archives

New script: http-headers.nse

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:19:29 -0500

Hey all,

I was playing with http-enum.nse and http-userdir-enum.nse and, when I got odd results, I wanted to know what server the remote host was running. So naturally, I'd fire up netcat (err, ncat? ;) ) and do a quick GET or HEAD request.

That's when I decided to write a script to do it for me: http-headers.nse. It's super simple, it just does a GET for '/' and returns the HTTP headers.

(Why do I suddenly have a feeling of deja vu -- did somebody else write this already?)

Anyway, I've attached it. If you guys think it's worth including, I'll commit.

Thanks!
Ron

--
Ron Bowes