Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: HTTP server fingerprinting

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:02:15 -0700

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 07:16:59PM -0500, Ron wrote:

Another script I was thinking of (that may interest you?) is one that
can query for DHCP info, either from a host or from a network. It'd be
handy to get a list of DNS servers, the gateway, and anything else the
DHCP server is thoughtful enough to provide.

I for one like the idea of a DHCP NSE script.  DHCP info can be a big
help when exploring a new network.  And I can imagine NSE arguments
for making various types of DHCP requests or doing things like
requesting a large number of IP leases and see what happens when they
run out.

Cheers,
-F