Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LAN info application

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:54:55 -0500

On 08/21/2009 08:26 AM, Praveen Jain wrote:
Hi
  I want to write a Java application
That can detect all the system in a LAN , and one can login to nay system if he knows
Username and password .

Does NMAP will help me to write such application?
Then how can I write?

Thanks
Regards
pRAVEEN jAIN
+919890599250

Hi Jain,

You're going to have to be a lot more specific if you want help. There are a pile of ways to log into a system, and you're going to have to pick one or a few to try. There is code for at least some of them in Nmap scripts, that you can probably reference.

I'd suggest finding the code for a bruteforce program, like ncrack, hydra, medusa, various *brute* scripts in NSE, etc. Even if you aren't planning on bruteforcing, the bruteforce programs will have the code required to log in for a bunch of protocols.

Hope that helps!