Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Version String

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:37:53 -0700

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 11:11:39PM -0700, Corey Chandler wrote:
I'm building the latest trunk version on MacOS; yet the version string
still reads:
Nmap version 4.85BETA10 ( http://nmap.org )

Any guesses as to what I'm doing incorrectly?  I thought the svn tree
was at 4.90?

Hi Corey.  I made my own branch for the 4.90RC1 release so that I
could lift the /nmap freeze and allow in more changes.  I can see how
that can be a bit confusing, so I just updated the /nmap SVN version
number to 4.90RC2.  That lets us distinguish the SVN version from the
packages people download from nmap.org.  The man pages in SVN still
show the 4.85BETA10 version because I'm having trouble regenerating
them properly after some software updates I did.

Cheers,
-F