Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap not terminating properly on Windows

From: Nick Marsh <goaliefight () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:52:51 -0500

Today I was running the Nmap 5.0 package on Windows Vista (SP2 - 64-bit) and
performed a Zenmap "quick scan plus" on 10.10.1-12.1-10.

I canceled the scan and closed Zenmap when I discovered that it was DOSing
my firewall/router/ids. After closing Zenmap I continued to have problems.
In viewing the logs on my firewall/router/ids it appeared that my machine
was still actively scanning even though Zenmap was closed.

I had to reboot my PC to make it stop. I'm not too concered about it, but I
wanted to let you know. BTW I'm new here so I hope this isn't a duplicate
report.

I can do some debugging after hours if it is helpful. Let me know.

Nick