Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ssl-cert.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 08:32:30 -0600

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 08:27:13PM -0500, Alan Jones wrote:
I like it, but was thinking the last time I did some checking there was some
other item from the SSL cert I wanted but can't remember.  I think it would
be a good candidate for inclusion in the Nmap and run as default script if
finds the site has SSL running.

Try running

openssl s_client -showcerts -connect server:port

Then paste the PEM-encoded certificate, the part between and including

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

into the command

openssl x509 -text -noout

See if the information you were looking for is in that output; if it is,
then it can probably be added to ssl-cert.nse.

David Fifield