Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Lack of dependency generation in nsock makefile

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:20:24 -0600

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:28:38AM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 08:38:53PM -0800, Fyodor wrote:
On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 12:52:15PM -0600, Nelson wrote:
nevermind... make clean and distclean fixed the issue

This makes me wonder if the Nmap (or dependencies such as nbase,
nsock, etc.) Makefile dependency tracking is working properly.  Has
anyone else been noticing this problem (where you have to do make
clean after an svn update in your sandbox because a plain 'make' fails
to compile some of the new code files)?

This just happened to me again today while working in nsock. It wasn't
after an update, it was after modifying some files.

Scanning 3 services on localhost (127.0.0.1)
nmap: nsock_connect.c:158: nsock_connect_tcp: Assertion `nsi->state == NSIOD_STATE_INITIAL || nsi->state ==
NSIOD_STATE_UNKNOWN' failed.
Aborted

I will see about fixing this, or have a bug wrangler do it, if nobody
offers a patch first.

I got bit by this again today, so I fixed it.

David Fifield