Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: favicon survey script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:26:01 -0600

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:45:16AM +0200, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
I have also made new version of the nse script (for distributing with
nmap, not for crawling) which is quite better than the old one (uses
data files for example - instead of having that directly in the script).
Will send to the list in the short time.

As promised. Here it is.

Changes since last post of this script to this mailing list:
- Implemented David's comments (hash & HAVE_SSL)
- Implemented datafile instead of having data(MD5s) in script
- Implemented script argument for URI, so you can specify URI where
favicon.ico is located (in case you want test for /specific/place/):
--script-args favicon={uri=/somewhere/favicon.ico}

If there's anything else to implement, let me know!

Great, I think we will use this script as soon as we have the data for
an updated database.

Vlatko, did you ever finish mapping the hashes back to favicons in your
research?

David Fifield