Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 5 (14531) - compilation warnings

From: Sebastian Lopienski <Sebastian.Lopienski () cern ch>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:00:29 -0700

Dear Nmap developers,

(I have taken over Nmap maintenance at CERN from Lionel Cons, who you have seen on this list before).

First, thank you for your efforts on developing Nmap 5! I'm not sure if you are interested in this kind of feedback,
but here are compilation warnings I got for Nmap 5 (revision 14531) on my Linux box. It is Scientific Linux CERN 5
(based on Red Hat Enterprise 5) machine, kernel 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5, architecture x86_64.

config.status: WARNING:  'Makefile.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:  include/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:  include/dnet/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:  src/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:  'Makefile.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
Makefile:312: makefile.dep: No such file or directory
rand.c: In function 'rand_open':
rand.c:84: warning: ignoring return value of 'read', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
intf.c: In function 'intf_get_dst':
intf.c:650: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of 'getsockname' differ in signedness
ip.c: In function 'ip_open':
ip.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 5 of 'getsockopt' differ in signedness
Makefile:80: makefile.dep: No such file or directory
Makefile:160: makefile.dep: No such file or directory
ncat_proxy.c: In function 'ncat_http_server':
ncat_proxy.c:161: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
ncat_broker.c: In function 'read_and_broadcast':
ncat_broker.c:323: warning: passing argument 2 of 'fix_line_endings' from incompatible pointer type
ncat_broker.c:371: warning: passing argument 4 of 'chat_filter' from incompatible pointer type
ncat_ssl.c: In function 'ssl_cert_fp_str_sha1':
ncat_ssl.c:425: warning: passing argument 4 of 'X509_digest' from incompatible pointer type
scan_engine.cc: In function 'void begin_sniffer(UltraScanInfo*, std::vector<Target*, std::allocator<Target*> >&)':
scan_engine.cc:5040: warning: format '%u' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'long unsigned int'

Cheers,
Sebastian Lopienski
CERN