Nmap Development mailing list archives

Mini book signing (Nmap Network Scanning) at Defcon on Friday

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:02:26 -0700

Hi Folks,

In part to raise money for the Nmap Developer Dinner at Defcon, I'm
holding a small book signing at Defcon on Friday morning.  This is a
convenient chance to pick up a signed copy of Nmap Network Scanning
(http://nmap.org/book/) for $35, which is roughly what the online
discount bookstores charge.  And you don't have to wait or pay for
shipping or tax.

The signing is at 11:00 AM on Friday (7/31) in the vendor area of
Defcon at the No Starch booth.  We (David will be there too) plan to
stay until we sell out, but I recommend coming right at 11:00AM or
even slightly earlier if you want a copy.  Last year I brought about
200 copies and they sold out almost immediately at $50 each.  This
year I only have about 40 copies on hand for $35 each.  It is because
I have so few books that I'm sending this to the small nmap-dev list
rather than nmap-hackers.

If you already have a copy of the book, you're welcome to bring that
(or any of my other books) to the signing.  Request for me to sign the
Syngress Nmap book--or any Nessus book--will be declined :).

I'd like to thank Bill Pollock of No Starch Press for sharing his
table so we can do this!  And I can't wait to see everyone at Defcon!

Cheers,
Fyodor