Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: wordlists for Ncrack

From: Sebastien Raveau <sebastien.raveau () epita fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:14:10 +0200

On Tue, 28 Jul, 2009 at 16:30:10 +0400, Solar Designer
<solar_at_openwall.com> wrote:
Obviously, most of these wordlists are too large to be used with Ncrack.

If your wordlists are too large, what does it make my 58,427,177 words list? :-P
http://blog.sebastien.raveau.name/2009/03/cracking-passwords-with-wikipedia.html

Agreed it is a bit too "raw" at the moment (I'll work on that) but it
has already proven its usefulness already:
http://reusablesec.blogspot.com/2009/04/ok-some-actual-results.html so
I thought I should mention it here as it might interest some of you in
general, if not for using it with Ncrack :-)

Also, speaking of Matt Weir's blog (which is great overall on the
topic of password cracking) he just released a passphrase dictionary:
http://reusablesec.blogspot.com/2009/07/pass-phrase-input-dictionary.html

Best regards (and sorry for the blog-whoring ;-)

--
Sebastien Raveau