Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: indexing globals in msrpc, msrpctypes and smb libs

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:24:11 +0100

On 17/07/2009 22:57, Ron wrote:

I occasionally implemented structs that I don't actually use, but that
might be used after. If they're causing a warning, they can likely be
commented out. Otherwise, I'd leave them.

Given that svcctl_Type_tostr() and svcctl_State_tostr() appear in
nsedocs, it might be a good idea to comment them out for now.

Thanks a bunch for doing this! Running my code through the
global-variable checker has been on my TODO list for awhile, I'm glad
you took care of it. Are there any issues/files you haven't checked that
I'll need to keep an eye on?

I stumbled upon these issues (and others in whois and asn-query) after
upgrading to the current svn and to be frank I haven't done any checking
with any purposefulness.  I was actually surprised to see any errors
from strict.lua since I was under the impression that the library needs
to be explicitly required() to work, but after re-reading Patrick's mail
I realise that's not the case for module calls which are automatically
hooked.  (Having said that, it seems to be automatically catching
globals in scripts anyway).
Anyway, with the exception of the issues noted, all of the libraries
seem to be clean.  I haven't attempted to check every script so...
I'll comment the svcctl_Type_tostr() and svcctl_State_tostr() functions
and commit the other changes unless there's any opposition to doing so,
say, in the next 10 minutes.

Regards,

jah