Nmap Development mailing list archives

pjl script updates

From: rilian4 rilian4 <rilian4 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:12:52 -0700

(Sorry about not being able to reply directly to the thread but I had
to switch email accounts for the time being.)

I am happy to say that since I upgraded to nmap 5.0, my
pjl-ready-message script is running w/ much faster response times to
the 5si printer I was testing against. I have since tested a few more
models as well w/o running into any timeout issues. Interesting note
is that the 5si apparently includes a TAB character w/ in the RDYMSG
string reply to the probe I send where the other models do not. It
shows in the output as something like "Ready   " instead of "Ready"

I have since developed another proof-of-concept PJL script that
returns the model of the printer. I tested it against the HP 4100
series, the 5si and against a lexmark optera I have access to.

example results look like this:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
9100/tcp open  jetdirect
|_ pjl-model: LASERJET 5Si

PORT     STATE SERVICE
9100/tcp open  jetdirect
|_ pjl-model: HP LaserJet 4100 Series

9100/tcp open  jetdirect
|_ pjl-model: Lexmark Optra S

The script is not fully documented yet but it seems to run well and run fast.
I am more than happy to post it to the list if anyone is interested.

-Aaron