Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap -sC -oG file.xml

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:34:50 -0600

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 03:04:16PM -0700, lowtone wrote:
I am unable to get the output from script scan in the grep format. I use -oX
and try the powershell parser still no script scan data. Would love to get
this in -oG any way to do that?

No, sorry. The reason grepable format is deprecated is that it can't be
easily extended when new output is added to Nmap. Script output would be
especially difficult because each port can have multiple scripts and
each script can produce multiple lines of output. Try contacting the
authors of the PowerShell parser to see if script output is supported.

David Fifield